Date(s) - 15/07/2020
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
*PLEASE NOTE* The Devon Safeguarding Adults Board have aligned their training offer to the Adult Safeguarding Roles and Competencies Intercollegiate Document 2018. Therefore, the adult safeguarding training levels have changed. This Level 2 Face to Face Adult Safeguarding for Provider was previously called Level 3. The content of this module has not changed. If you have recently attended the Level 3 Face to Face Adult Safeguarding Training for Providers, then you do not need to attend this training course.
*PLEASE NOTE* The cost of the training is met by the Devon Safeguarding Adults Board for the majority of the organisations that attend however there are some exceptions.
This module is suitable for all Devon County Council Provider service, Private, Voluntary and Independent Sector staff working in adult health and care setting who have regular contact with adults at risk of abuse and may need to raise and respond to concerns or may need to co-ordinate any part of the safeguarding process.
This module will provide you with the knowledge you require to respond appropriately to safeguarding adults’ concerns, undertake initial risk assessments, consider evidence and make emergency protection plans. It will consider what actions can be taken by private/independent services to prevent harm occurring in the first place.
- Identify what constitutes abuse and the six key principles underpinning all adult safeguarding work. Discuss organisational features which can lead to abuse going undetected and unaddressed.
- Identify the statutory framework for safeguarding adults and the associated legislation, guidance, policies and procedures.
- Describe how a safeguarding concern progresses through local authority procedures.
- Outline the underlying principles of Making Safeguarding Personal and based on this model, will be able to identify good management practice and preventative measures which can be put in place to promote the safeguarding and wellbeing of adults at risk of abuse.
- Understand the importance of risk management and risk assessment when managing adult safeguarding concerns.
- Understand the importance of working with disciplinary procedures, safeguarding adult procedures and incident reporting procedures.
- Understand and apply the links to the Think Family approach to ensure appropriate engagement with services for Children and Young People.
- Critique the effectiveness of your own reporting system and identify areas for improvement.
- Describe how and when to use the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and the process of referring a worker to the DBS barring list.
- Outline management responses to whistleblowing and how to support staff who report suspected or actual poor practice and/or abuse.
- Understand the importance of defensible decision making within multi agency adult safeguarding and other relevant policies and procedures.
If you have a Devon County Council or a NHS email address, you can create an account, and book on to training via DEL.
If you do not have a NHS or DCC email address, you can complete our booking form below.