Date(s) - 23/10/2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Starcross Sports Pavilion
*PLEASE NOTE* For organisations other than Devon County Council there is a cost of £75 per person for this training. For Devon County Council employees, the cost of this training has been covered by your organisation.
This module is suitable for all Local Authority Team Managers, Health and Police whom will be responsible for carrying out section 42 enquiries under the Care Act and have a key role in promoting good professional practice within their organisation, providing advice and expertise for fellow professionals.
This module will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to lead safeguarding adults section 42 enquiries under the Care Act 2014. To have a sound understanding of individual and organisational duties to support you to be competent in carrying out enquiries.
- Ensure the principles of Making Safeguarding Personal are applied.
- Understand and apply the links to the Think Family approach to ensure appropriate engagement with services for Children and young people.
- Recognise their roles, responsibilities and accountabilities in carrying out Section 42 Enquiries that have been caused out by the local authority and how this works in partnership with other agencies in the safeguarding procedures including Police investigations.
- Understand the evidential procedures and requirements of both Criminal Investigative and S42 Enquiries.
- Identify and update their knowledge of relevant legislation, Government/Home Office/ Department of Health initiatives (for example, Prevent, Protect, Domestic Violence, Sexual Exploitation, Modern Slavery, FGM and Hidden Harm) and case law and be able to apply this to their practice.
- Identify and manage risk.
- Gather and analyse evidence of harm.
- Brief others who might need to take action, sharing information appropriately.
- Plan and conduct a safeguarding assessment.
- Make decisions that safeguard people at risk.
- Make accurate and legally defensible records in line with DSAB multi-agency policy and Professional Standards.
- Managing communication.
- Understand the interface with parallel enquiries (for example, HR, LeDeR, SIRI, Domestic Homicide Reviews).
Review and share learning from their practice with colleagues.
If you have a Devon County Council or a NHS email address, you can create an account, and book on to training via DEL.
If you do not have a NHS or DCC email address, you can complete our booking form below.