Date(s) - 13/02/2020
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Newcourt Community Centre
PLEASE NOTE* For organisations other than Devon County Council there is a cost of £75 per person for this training. For Devon County Council employees, the cost of this training has been covered by your organisation.
This module is suitable for all Local Authority Community Service Managers, Health and Police whom will be responsible for whom leading whole service safeguarding adults’ enquiries or elements thereof will be a requirement of their role. Those attending this training must be able to evidence competencies up to and including Level 3.
This module will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to lead whole service safeguarding adults’ enquiries. To have a sound understanding of individual and organisational duties to support you to be competent in carrying out enquiries.
- Revisit the learning from the Leading Safeguarding Enquiries: Individual course
- Ensure that the focus is maintained on individual safeguarding requirements within a Whole Service S42 enquiry and that each person concerned is fully involved in the decision making regarding their individual circumstance so that appropriate and proportionate safeguarding plans are put in place.
- Understand the use of the DCC threshold process for Whole Service S42 Enquiries and the Provider Quality Review Protocol in determining whether to proceed under a Whole Service Enquiry. Understand the need for communication between Safeguarding Adult Team Manager and Health and Social Care Community Services Manager and other relevant commissioners such as Continuing Health Care and Clinical Commissioning Groups during the process
- Understand how to involve the Care Provider and at what stage
- Understand how and when to develop and utilise Emergency plans to move some or all of the residents.
- Understand the relevance of Whistle blowing procedures and when these should be utilised
- Update their knowledge of safeguarding locally and nationally including relevant case law and published case reviews
- Identify the need for resources to support the Whole service S42 Enquiry and understand when and how to access resources
- Understand how to escalate concerns and be able to follow a multi-agency escalation policy in addressing these concerns
- Manage media interests and respond appropriately
- Manage communication
- Review and share learning from their practice with their colleague
If you have a Devon County Council or a NHS email address, you can create an account, and book on to training via DEL.
If you do not have a NHS or DCC email address, you can complete our booking form below.