It it important that people know how to find help if they are at risk themselves, or concerned about someone else. It is equally as important that people know how to find support should they want to prevent a problem in the future.
There are a number of people that you can talk to if you would like to get some help with care or support:
- Talk to someone you trust, and that you are already in contact with, for example your doctor, social worker or care worker.
- Search on Pinpoint Devon for community services in Devon. You can filter this search by topic and location.
- Search on Torbay & South Devon NHS Foundation Trust’s site for services in Torbay.
- Look on the Devon County Council Adult Social Care site that provides information on services that can support you to stay living safely and independently.
- Look on the Safer Communities Torbay site that provides information on services that can support you to stay living safely and independently.
- For advice on mental health or learning disability needs, look at the Devon Partnership NHS Trust site.
- For information on how to make our communities safer, visit Safer Devon website.
- Citizens Advice is a provider of free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.
- If you are concerned about someone you have seen sleeping rough in England or Wales, you can use the Street Link website to send an alert to the local authority or outreach service for the area in which you have seen the person, to help them find the individual and connect them to support.
- The Samaritans can offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you. You don’t have to be suicidal.
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and adult social care in England. They monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety.
- The Disclosure and Barring Service helps employers make safer recruitment decisions by carrying out DBS checks. It also keeps the list of people who are barred from providing care and support and other regulated activity to adults and children and decides whether people should be added to the barred lists.
- Age UK is the country’s largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. We provide companionship, advice and support for older people who need it most.
- Victim Support is a charity who work towards a world where people affected by crime or traumatic events get the support they need and the respect they deserve. Their support is free, confidential and tailored to your needs.
- Mind provider of advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- Mencap offer advice and support to people with a learning disability.
- Devon Carers and Torbay Carers enable carers to maintain their own health, wellbeing and independence; and to care safely, confidently and effectively. They provide carers with the information and advice they need in their caring role as well as helping carers find support in their community and from local community organisations.
- Young Devon’s mission is simply to make Devon a better place for all young people.
- Living Options Devon is a user-led charity championing needs and rights, and providing vital support so people with disabilities and Deaf people (who use British Sign Language (BSL)) are empowered to live the life they choose.
- Fear-Less provides support to improve safety, signpost to other services and aid your recovery from the impact of domestic abuse. They offer 1-to-1 victim support, survivor groups, support for children, and perpetrator programmes in Devon.
- Torbay Domestic Abuse Service provide practical, non-judgemental support, advice and protection for all victims of domestic abuse in Torbay.
- Crimestoppers is a charity that allows you to report any crime and remain 100% anonymous. They also share advice on how to keep yourself and those around you safe from crime.
Help us improve
Don’t include personal information.
"*" indicates required fields