Skip to content

Report your concern

If you report a safeguarding concern you will be listened to, supported and involved in any decisions.

In an emergency always call 999

If you think that you, or someone you know, is being abused or neglected you can raise a safeguarding concern by calling Care Direct on 0345 1551 007 or emailing

Care Direct is open Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-1pm

Outside of these hours or on bank holidays call the Emergency Duty Service on 0845 6000 388 or email the address above

Anybody can raise a safeguarding concern by contacting Care Direct

Professionals please report a concern via this form and send it to


If you are in Torbay call 01803 219700

If you are in Plymouth call 01752 668000

(If you are unsure which area you are in, please refer to these maps of Devon County Council, Plymouth Council and Torbay Council).

You may wish to consider guidance about the type of information we need before you call Care Direct.

Find out more about what you can expect when you report a concern and what will happen next.

If you are a professional with a safeguarding concern, please visit our information for professionals page.


If you are concerned that an adult is at risk please call

0345 155 1007

or email

If it’s an emergency call 999