The Devon Safeguarding Adults Board have aligned their training offer to the Adult Safeguarding Roles and Competencies Intercollegiate Document 2018. Therefore, the adult safeguarding training levels have changed. These Level 1 E-Learning courses were previously called Level 2 Raising Safeguarding Concerns and Level 2 Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards E-Learning.
If you have undertaken the E-Learning within the last 3 years, then you do not need to undertake this module.
Level 1 Adult Safeguarding
This module is suitable for all staff working in adult health and care settings who have contact with adults at risk of abuse. This includes employees, private/independent contractors or practitioners and volunteers.
This module will provide you with the knowledge you require to know the signs which may indicate possible abuse, harm or neglect and who to contact and seek advice from if you have concerns.
- Able to recognise potential indicators of abuse, harm and neglect.
- To know what action to take if you have concerns, including whom you should report your concerns and from whom to seek advice.
- To have a basic knowledge of the relevant legislation.
Level 1 Mental Capacity Act
This module will provide you with the knowledge you require to understand your responsibilities in relation to working with adults who may lack capacity to make decisions in relation to some or all aspects of their daily lives.
- To have a basic knowledge of the mental capacity act and other relevant legislation.
- To have an understanding of who can take decisions on behalf of the person who lacks capacity, which decisions can be taken on behalf of another person and how those decisions should be made.
This module is suitable for all those who have contact with adults at risk of abuse.